The theme for this year’s Photography Competition is “Jubilee Celebrations”.
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
Entries are open to all residents on the Zebon Copse Estate, Crookham Village and Dogmersfield.
Entries must be unframed and no bigger than A5 which is 148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 inches. Presentation is important and will be part of the judging protocol.
Each entry must have the entrant’s name, age, address, phone number and email address printed on the back of the photograph.
All entries are to be posted in the letterbox of Zebon Copse Community Centre or handed into the Spar shop by 5pm on Sunday 19 June 2022.
Judging will be done in advance of the day and will be displayed in the Zebon Copse Community Centre during the fete. On the day of the fete, fete goers will be invited to vote for their favourite overall photograph.
Prize giving will be at 4pm on the day of the fete and after which entries may be collected.
Enquiries to email@example.com
A full list of the Rules for Entry can be found below.
ZCRA Photographic Competition Rules 2022
Theme: Jubilee Celebrations
1. Prizes awarded for the following categories:
* 7-10 years
* 11-13 years
* 14-17 years
* Over 18s
* Peoples’ Favourite
2. Entries are open to all residents on the Zebon Copse Estate, Crookham Village and Dogmersfield
3. All entries must be taken within the “Crookham” area (as specified above).
4. Entries must be printed out and supplied unframed and be no bigger than A5 size (148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 inches).
5. Presentation is important and will be part of the judging protocol.
6. Each entry must have the entrant’s name, age, address, phone number, email address & caption for the photograph printed on the back.
7. In accordance with it’s GDPR policy, the ZCRA will only use the entrant’s details for the purposes of the competition and will not retain thereafter.
8. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc., but not digitally manipulate the from or content of the picture, or create a composite image.
9. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
10. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
11. Entrants under the age of 18 years must ensure that they have the permission of their parent or guardian.
12. All entries are to be posted in the letterbox of Zebon Copse Community Centre or handed into the Spar shop by 5pm on Sunday 19th June 2022 in an envelope clearly marked “ZCRA Fete Photographic Competition”
13. Judging on all categories other than “Peoples’ Favourite” will be done in advance of the day and as many entrants as possible will be displayed in the Zebon Copse Community Centre during the fete.
14. All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select a shortlist of three photographs (the ‘Finalists’) for each category which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, presentation and interpretation of the brief.
15. A winner will be chosen from each category.
16. One entrant cannot win more than one category (excluding Peoples’ Favourite).
18. The prizes are as stated. There are no cash alternatives and they cannot be resold.
19. Prizes are as follows for each category:
* Winner = £20 Amazon Voucher
19. The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into. 20. On the day of the fete, fete goers will be invited to vote for their favourite overall photograph to determine the “Peoples’ Favourite” with the winner being the entrant with the most votes .
21. Prize giving will be at 4pm on the day of the fete and after which entries may be collected.
22. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant The Zebon Copse Residents’ Association (ZCRA) the right to reproduce the images for the following purposes: – Judging the competition & displaying at the fete - Inclusion in any ZCRA publicity or printed materials (i.e. newsletter, website).
23. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
24. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the ZCRA reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if it has reasonable cause to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
25. The ZCRA reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
26. Prizes will be awarded at 4pm on Sunday 3rd July at the Zebon Copse Community Centre. If any prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the ZCRA reserves the right to offer the prize to the next lowest placed entrant.
27. Any additional enquiries must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 Zebon Copse Summer Fete will be held from 1pm to 5pm on Sunday 30th June at the Zebon Copse Community Centre.
Stalls, real ale, tea and cakes, jazz band, BBQ, dog show, and more!
Bring your family and friends, and come and join in the fun!
The Dog Show starts at 3pm in the central arena.
Entries will be taken from the table by the centre show ring from about 2pm onwards.
Winners in all classes receive a rosette. Doggy biscuits for all entrants!
1. Prettiest Bitch
2. Handsomest Dog
3. Finest Veteran (10 years old, or more)
4. Best Puppy (1 year old, or younger)
5. Waggiest Tail
6. Loveliest Rescue
7. Best In Show (winners of classes 1.-6.)
Each year ZCRA holds a litter pick around the estate, timed before too much vegetation growth hides the litter.
This year’s litter pick will be on Sunday 28th April.
ZCRA will provide litter picker sticks, heavy-duty gloves, and bags.
The litter pick will be combined with an Easter Hunt, with a free chocolate egg for everyone taking part.
Meet outside the Spar shop by 10am so we can allocate everyone into teams; we aim to finish by 12 noon. Wear sensible clothes and shoes.
Please come along, bring your friends and family, and join us in making our estate look amazing!
The 2019 AGM of the Zebon Copse Residents’ Association will be held in the Zebon Copse Centre at 8pm on Monday 4th March.
All residents of the estate are cordially invited to attend and provide their input as to the role of the ZCRA for the coming year. Membership for the coming year can be paid at the door – just £2 per household (£1 pensioners).
A Parish Councillor will be attending to give an update on the Neighbourhood Plan and other areas of interest, and to field any questions.
Wine and light refreshments will be provided.
Please email email@example.com if you have an item you would like considered for the agenda.