Hart District Council is preparing a new Local Plan.
The first and main document will be a Local Plan: Strategy and Sites Development Plan Document covering the following broad issues:
- Amount and distribution of new housing
- Housing development, mix & provision (including travellers)
- Amount and distribution of new business space
- Retail and leisure provision
- Infrastructure provision (roads, transport, schools, healthcare, utilities, etc)
- Open space and Green infrastructure
- Heritage assets
- Landscape Character
- Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area
- Climate change
- Renewable & low-carbon energy
- Flood risk
As part of the preparation process the Council is consulting on a Housing Development Options Paper and accompanying Sustainability Appraisal. The documents can be viewed at www.hart.gov.uk/local-plan along with a housing options summary paper, a summary leaflet and a response form.
The consultation starts on 14th August 2014. The deadline for responses is 5pm, 10th October 2014
HDC is holding a series of drop-in sessions at the following locations where you can speak to Council officers:
Hook – 9th September 2014, 10:30am – 7:30pm. Elizabeth Hall, Raven Road, Hook, RG27 9HH
Odiham – 10th September 2014, 10:30am – 7pm. Cross Barn, Palace Gate Farm, Odiham, RG29 1JX
Yateley – 15th September 2014, 10:30am – 7:30pm. Monteagle Community Hall, Tresham Crescent, Yateley
Fleet – 30th September 2014, 10:30am – 8pm. Civic Offices, Harlington Way, Fleet, GU51 4AE
If you have any queries regarding this consultation, please contact email@example.com or 01252 774118. Please note that further consultations will follow in 2015 as the full plan develops. For further information on current and emerging planning policy, and evidence base studies please visit http://www.hart.gov.uk/planning-policy.