The theme for this year’s Photography Competition is “Life in Crookham”.
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
Entries are open to all residents on the Zebon Copse Estate, Crookham Village and Dogmersfield.
Entries must be unframed and no bigger than A5 which is 148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 inches. Presentation is important and will be part of the judging protocol.
Each entry must have the entrant’s name, age, address, phone number and email address printed on the back of the photograph.
All entries are to be posted in the letterbox of Zebon Copse Community Centre or handed into the Spar shop by 2pm on Thursday 20 June 2019.
Judging will be done in advance of the day and will be displayed in the Zebon Copse Community Centre during the fete. On the day of the fete, fete goers will be invited to vote for their favourite overall photograph.
Prize giving will be at 4pm on the day of the fete and after which entries may be collected.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
A full list of the Rules for Entry can be found below.
ZCRA Photographic Competition Rules 2019
Theme: Life in Crookham
1. Prizes awarded for the following categories:
* 7-10 years
* 11-13 years
* 14-17 years
* Over 18s
* Peoples’ Favourite
2. Entries are open to all residents on the Zebon Copse Estate, Crookham Village and Dogmersfield
3. All entries must be taken within the “Crookham” area (as specified above).
4. Entries must be printed out and supplied unframed and be no bigger than A5 size (148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 inches).
5. Presentation is important and will be part of the judging protocol.
6. Each entry must have the entrant’s name, age, address, phone number, email address & caption for the photograph printed on the back.
7. In accordance with it’s GDPR policy, the ZCRA will only use the entrant’s details for the purposes of the competition and will not retain thereafter.
8. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc., but not digitally manipulate the from or content of the picture, or create a composite image.
9. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
10. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
11. Entrants under the age of 18 years must ensure that they have the permission of their parent or guardian.
12. All entries are to be posted in the letterbox of Zebon Copse Community Centre or handed into the Spar shop by 2pm on Thursday 20 June 2019 in an envelope clearly marked “ZCRA Fete Photographic Competition”
13. Judging on all categories other than “Peoples’ Favourite” will be done in advance of the day and as many entrants as possible will be displayed in the Zebon Copse Community Centre during the fete.
14. All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select a shortlist of three photographs (the ‘Finalists’) for each category which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, presentation and interpretation of the brief.
15. A winner, runner-up & 3rd place will be chosen from each category.
16. One entrant cannot win more than one category (excluding Peoples’ Favourite).
17. One entrant cannot win more than one prize within each category.
18. The prizes are as stated. There are no cash alternatives and they cannot be sold.
19. Prizes are as follows for each category:
* Winner = £20 Amazon Voucher
* Runner-up = £10 Amazon Voucher
* 3rd place = £5 Amazon Voucher
19. The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into. 20. On the day of the fete, fete goers will be invited to vote for their favourite overall photograph to determine the “Peoples’ Favourite” with the winner, runner-up and 3rd place being the entrants with the most votes .
21. Prize giving will be at 4pm on the day of the fete and after which entries may be collected.
22. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant The Zebon Copse Residents’ Association (ZCRA) the right to reproduce the images for the following purposes: – Judging the competition & displaying at the fete - Inclusion in any ZCRA publicity or printed materials (i.e. newsletter, website).
23. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
24. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the ZCRA reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if it has reasonable cause to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
25. The ZCRA reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
26. Prizes will be awarded at 4pm on Sunday 30th June at the Zebon Copse Community Centre. If any prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the ZCRA reserves the right to offer the prize to the next lowest placed entrant.
27. Any additional enquiries must be made via email to email@example.com.
The 2019 Zebon Copse Summer Fete will be held from 1pm to 5pm on Sunday 30th June at the Zebon Copse Community Centre.
Stalls, real ale, tea and cakes, jazz band, BBQ, dog show, and more!
Bring your family and friends, and come and join in the fun!
The Dog Show starts at 3pm in the central arena.
Entries will be taken from the table by the centre show ring from about 2pm onwards.
Winners in all classes receive a rosette. Doggy biscuits for all entrants!
1. Prettiest Bitch
2. Handsomest Dog
3. Finest Veteran (10 years old, or more)
4. Best Puppy (1 year old, or younger)
5. Waggiest Tail
6. Loveliest Rescue
7. Best In Show (winners of classes 1.-6.)
Each year ZCRA holds a litter pick around the estate, timed before too much vegetation growth hides the litter.
This year’s litter pick will be on Sunday 28th April.
ZCRA will provide litter picker sticks, heavy-duty gloves, and bags.
The litter pick will be combined with an Easter Hunt, with a free chocolate egg for everyone taking part.
Meet outside the Spar shop by 10am so we can allocate everyone into teams; we aim to finish by 12 noon. Wear sensible clothes and shoes.
Please come along, bring your friends and family, and join us in making our estate look amazing!
The 2019 AGM of the Zebon Copse Residents’ Association will be held in the Zebon Copse Centre at 8pm on Monday 4th March.
All residents of the estate are cordially invited to attend and provide their input as to the role of the ZCRA for the coming year. Membership for the coming year can be paid at the door – just £2 per household (£1 pensioners).
A Parish Councillor will be attending to give an update on the Neighbourhood Plan and other areas of interest, and to field any questions.
Wine and light refreshments will be provided.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an item you would like considered for the agenda.
UPDATE – PHOTOS
Which road is the brainiest on Zebon Copse?
Well there’s only one way to decide… by taking part in the ZCRA Quiz Night on Saturday 26th January!
The quiz is being held at the Zebon Copse Community Centre. Doors open at 7.15pm, with the quiz starting at 7.45pm.
Tickets cost £40 per table of up to 8 people. Don’t worry if you don’t have enough people for a team, tickets for individuals who would like to join up with other residents on the night are also available at £6 per person.
Tickets are limited and selling fast so contact Mike Pope (mobile number below), or visit Rajan in the Spar shop to secure your place.
This year’s ZCRA Summer Fete will be held on Sunday 30 June 2019, in and around the Zebon Copse Community Centre GU52 0ZE.
If you have something interesting to sell or promote and would like a stall, please get in touch. Local people with their crafts are most welcome.
Stall holders’ booking form is available from email@example.com.
The annual ZCRA Summer Fete is an event for all the family, residents and friends, with live music, a variety of stalls, fun fair, BBQ, afternoon teas and cakes, competitions for children, licensed bar, ice-creams, dog show and activities.